Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How can I separate out the fat from my chicken stock if it's been overheated?

Question by LeAnne12: How can I separate out the fat from my chicken stock if it's been overheated?
I tried making stock using my electric pressure cooker but instead of a clear broth and layer of fat, it looks like broth that was boiled too hard- the fat is suspended in the cloudy broth. Is there a way to reheat or something so it will separate back out?


Best answer:

Answer by SONNY Jenking
First I don't advocate using a pressure cooker to make this type of stock, having said that you are at a point you need help. try putting the mixture in the coolest part of the fridge until it sets then scrape off the fat.
Afterwards bring back to the boil and simmer gently for a good while , more fat will rise to be taken off
The more its simmered the more it will reduce and the more fat will appear.



Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment