Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Should I buy an electric food steamer?

Question by Hello: Should I buy an electric food steamer?
How often do you cook with an electric food steamer


Best answer:

Answer by JQuick
I have an electric steamer that I haven't used in about 10 years. That's because I learned that a pressure cooker with a steamer basket is better. A pressure cooker traps the steam to increase the temperature of cooking from 212deg.F. to above 250deg.F. A steamer justs wastes most of the steam that the pressure cooker uses. Plus a stovetop pressure cooker pot can be cleaned in the dishwasher, unlike an electric steamer. A pressure cooker pot can be used as a regular pot without the pressure, so it serves many purposes besides steaming. A steamer is a single function appliance.



What do you think? Answer below!

1 comment:

  1. It's a nice appliance to own, but I have always steamed food either in the microwave, or on top of the stove. You can use your steamer every time for cooking vegetables.

    ReplyDelete