Saturday, May 18, 2013

What temperature should i cook oxtails in an electric pressure cooker ?

Question by LysLove*: What temperature should i cook oxtails in an electric pressure cooker ?
The pressure cooker I was stuck with today happened to be electric and i'm too scared to experiment and cook on the stove with it . Just wondering what temperature i'm supposed to cook oxtails on ; it has a dial that gives the temperatures WARM 200 250 300 350 370 & 400. Thanks in advance.


Best answer:

Answer by The Unknown Chef
I would do them at 300, for me I do anything like that in a crockpot for 4-6 hours or more, goat, ox tails, beef shanks, pork hocks, lambs shanks and neck, to fast and the tend to fall apart, for an adjustable PC they will take 30-60 minutes that way



Give your answer to this question below!

1 comment:

  1. I would normally cook oxtails in the oven at 350 degrees, so go with that on the pressure cooker. Hopefully you have instruction or were shown how to let the steam out because you can get a wicked burn if your not careful. I was petrified the first time I used a stove top pressure cooker, but I followed the instructions and I have been using it fairly often with good results.

    ReplyDelete