Monday, June 10, 2013

Pressure Cooker Ratings?

Question by COACH: Pressure Cooker Ratings?
I am going back to using a pressure cooker. Can anyone give me a recommendation as to the best pressure cooker? It has to be stainless steel, electric, have a programmable control and with a variety of pressure settings too. Note: If you have not tried pressure cooking, it is a fantastic, fast, and great way to cook!


Best answer:

Answer by Dee
http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&CLASSLEVEL=&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-SEARCH&txtDesc=Pressure+cookers&SearchClass=&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=submit

Here's the one I'd buy..I'm eyeing it!!!! LOL

It's the K37000 model...I would love to have one of these!



Add your own answer in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. When Cook's Illustrated Magazine (kind of the Consumer Reports of cooking) tested pressure cookers in January 2005, their results were as follows:

    RECOMMENDED
    Fagor Duo 8 Quart (#85M7)

    RECOMMENDED WITH RESERVATIONS
    Magefesa Classic 8 Quart (PG 04008)
    WMF Perfect Plus 8.5 Quart (#0793149300)

    NOT RECOMMENDED
    Presto 8 Quart Stainless (#01370):
    Innova Stainless Steel 8 Quart (#42008)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ananimalloverinkentuckyJune 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM

    I have an All American Pressure Canner. I use mine to can veggies from the garden but they have all sizes.

    Best of all there are not rubber seals..they are metal to metal...you use just a small amount of vaseline to help make removing the lid easier....I did find it is best to follow instructions to a tee...lol...took weight off before pressure dropped while using glass jars and all the liquid was sucked from the jars then they sealed tight and had to reprocess them...as far a cooking meals in them I am sure they would make very good meals.

    You can check out their site and see if they have what you want...also if you order from them once your order is placed you should receive it within 3-4 days at most. I received my canner in 3 days

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i agree with dee
    thats the best one for me to.
    and i will be getting it for christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. QVC and cook essentials has one out fantastic, and safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did purchase the cook's essentials programmable pressure
    cooker, there are different sizes also. 4 qt. 6 qt. and 8 qt.

    It is GREAT. easy to use, very safe and accurate.

    I would NEVER get rid of it. It is the best p.cooker I have
    ever had.

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use one all the time. Here's the one I use that can be purchased at Target. Well worth the price. If you want the more advanced programable one it costs high bucks.


    Presto 8 Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
    $ 39.99

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes..but i believe the gas ones are just as good...the one made in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. The brand Presto is better it has being around since the old days you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete