Sunday, June 9, 2013

Where may I rent a pressure canner and is this different from a pressure cooker?

Question by Aimee P: Where may I rent a pressure canner and is this different from a pressure cooker?
My fiance is in the Navy and sure would like some of my home cooked soups, meatballs and sauce etc...but the pressure canner is quite costly. Would love to be able to rent one for the weekend and cook up a storm and provide him with some home cooked love.


Best answer:

Answer by pixieotr
I have never seen any place that rents them, but you can buy a 22 qt pressure canner [not cooker] for about $ 125.00 at ace hardware.com



What do you think? Answer below!

4 comments:

  1. Check with your neighbors and see if any of them have one that you can use for a few days. Other than that, check yard sales in your area and even Craigslist.com the city you live in.
    I think it's great that you want to make all that effort for your fiancee. I'm sure he'll appreciate it, especially if he's somewhere (like Iraq or Afghanistan) where he can't get anything LIKE that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are using Pt. jars, you could use a pressure cooker, instead of a canner. The difference is the size. If you lived close to me, I would allow you to use my pressure canner. Ask some of your neighbors if they have one, just maybe they have one sitting idle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check in your area for one of those places that rents stuff for parties, wedding and things like that. They have stoves, tables, chairs, dishes etc. There is no difference other than size. You just can't do small batches of stuff in the big ones. My wife bought an electric cooker and loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rock.soldier@yahoo.comJune 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM

    you may find one to use or buy in your area in www.graigslist.com

    ReplyDelete