Wednesday, May 8, 2013

does pasta cook faster in a pressure cooker?

Question by Allergic To Eggs: does pasta cook faster in a pressure cooker?
and what do you think of the new electronic pressure cookers out there? which is the best?


Best answer:

Answer by Larry
I really like our electric pressure cooker,it is as easy to use as a crock pot and cooks much faster than
stove top.We have had ours for years and I think the Revere Meal in Minutes was sold to another company.But I believe you'll be happy with any of them.
Now to answer your first question....I've never even thought about cooking pasta in it.:) Thanks for asking,I'll try it.I'm sure it will be faster.



Give your answer to this question below!

5 comments:

  1. stinkinggenius2003May 8, 2013 at 5:47 AM

    I wouldn't see a need for cooking pasta and it already cooks fast and you would have no control to know when its al dente

    I love my electric pressure cooker - so simple just turn it on and set the timer - don't have to worry about getting the temperature right

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no...it will spoil the whole show....I do not know about the electronic pressure cooker but pasta tastes good only when it is cooked the traditional way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time the pressure cooker heats up to the proper temperature for steaming, the pasta will already be cooked and well on its way to mushy. Put your pasta in a conventional pot and practice patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not think so. I just do it the old fashioned way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't see a need for cooking pasta and it already cooks fast and you would have no control to know when its al dente

    ReplyDelete